- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Report: Detroit Pistons Among Most Aggressive Teams in Pursuit of Wayne Ellington
- Updated: February 7, 2019
Detroit will be among the most aggressive teams in trying to sign guard Wayne Ellington in the buyout market, league sources tell ESPN.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) February 7, 2019
Ellington and Tyler Johnson were traded to the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday in exchange for Ryan Anderson. Following the trade, the Suns quickly reached a buyout agreement with Ellington, making him free to sign with another team.
While the Los Angeles Lakers have been reported to be a preferred destination for Ellington, it’s unclear if the feeling is mutual. The Lakers recently traded with the Pistons for Reggie Bullock, who could fill their need for a veteran bench shooter.
That very trade may have opened up a spot for Ellington in Detroit.
The Pistons traded both Bullock and Stanley Johnson prior to the Feb. 7 deadline, and now the team is in need of wing players with shooting ability. Ellington, who is a 10-year NBA veteran, would be a good fit. He’s shooting 36.8 percent from beyond the arc this season and 38.0 percent from deep in his career.
Due to Ellington’s smooth stroke and veteran experience, it’s safe to say that he’ll have quite a few suitors.