- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
Victor Oladipo sends confident warning to NBA that his best is ‘yet to come’
- Updated: April 1, 2021
Oladipo on his game: "The best has yet to come. I truly believe that. I have a lot to prove. A big chip on my shoulder." #5RSN
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) April 1, 2021
Oladipo, who was acquired by the Heat last week from the Houston Rockets, has long been on the radar of the Heat.
Oladipo’s career was put in jeopardy in January 2019 after he suffered a devastating knee injury that required a lengthy rehabilitation.
Many were unsure if his abilities would ever fully return.
Those concerns have somewhat dissipated since the 28-year-old Oladipo is putting up similar numbers this season to what he was producing prior to his injury.
With the Heat again hoping to make a deep run in the postseason, Oladipo’s averages of 20.8 points, 5.0 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals per game this season figure to provide a boost to those hopes.
Though Oladipo is a free agent at the end of the end of the 2020-21 campaign, the Heat are surely confident that Oladipo would sign a contract extension with the team if one was offered.
Assuming that happens, it should be interesting to watch how much better Oladipo can become.