- Miami Heat champion destroys Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Updated: January 23, 2021
On Saturday evening, the Miami Heat lost yet another tough game, this time to the new-look Brooklyn Nets, 128-124.
Heat big man Bam Adebayo attempted to swap jerseys with Nets star Kyrie Irving after the game, but a security official prevented them from actually doing so.
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) January 24, 2021
In response to a handful of games being postponed due to novel coronavirus infections, the NBA instituted additional safety protocols in order to slow down the spread of the virus.
One of the new protocols prevents players from physically interacting with each other unless it comes in the form of a fist bump or an elbow bump.
Adebayo had a monster game against Brooklyn with 41 points and nine assists. The Heat fell behind by as many as 18 points, but they made a fourth-quarter rally to give themselves a chance to win.
Unfortunately, it was too little, too late, as Irving finished with 28 points to seal the win for the Nets.
The Heat are now 6-9, and the anxiety about the team’s poor start is building throughout South Florida.