- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Report: Jae Crowder was offered contracts from 14 different teams in free agency
- Updated: January 9, 2021
Crowder had a solid 2019-20 campaign and was one of Miami’s best players after it acquired him in a trade.
The forward revealed that 14 teams offered him contracts when he hit free agency this past offseason.
“The process was chaotic,” Crowder said. “14 teams called. 14 teams threw a contract and I just had to sit back and absorb it all in.”
While Crowder didn’t decide to return to Miami, the Heat did their best to fill the void left by his departure.
Now, Crowder is playing a big role on the Suns. This season, he is averaging 10.8 points, 4.4, rebounds and 2.1 assists per game through the Suns’ first nine contests.
Crowder is showing why he was such a sought-after player in free agency.