- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Jae Crowder was offered contracts from 14 different teams in free agency
- Updated: January 9, 2021
Crowder had a solid 2019-20 campaign and was one of Miami’s best players after it acquired him in a trade.
The forward revealed that 14 teams offered him contracts when he hit free agency this past offseason.
“The process was chaotic,” Crowder said. “14 teams called. 14 teams threw a contract and I just had to sit back and absorb it all in.”
While Crowder didn’t decide to return to Miami, the Heat did their best to fill the void left by his departure.
Now, Crowder is playing a big role on the Suns. This season, he is averaging 10.8 points, 4.4, rebounds and 2.1 assists per game through the Suns’ first nine contests.
Crowder is showing why he was such a sought-after player in free agency.