- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Pat Riley Takes Subtle Shot at LeBron James and Cavs
- Updated: July 11, 2017
The Miami Heat are still looking for more offseason moves to make to help them take the next leap forward in the Eastern Conference. While their attempt to bring big name free agent Gordon Hayward eventually fell flat, it’s clear that team president Pat Riley does not regret going after him.
Speaking with the Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman, Riley both gave a rock-solid explanation for their pursuit of Hayward, and took a subtle jab at former Heat star LeBron James and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Riley on going after Hayward, "In this game you have to try to stay one step ahead of the posse, and in this game, the posse is Cleveland."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 10, 2017
Despite James and Riley’s shared success in the past, it’s clear that he and the Heat don’t plan on holding any punches as the the two teams look to advance deep into the playoffs this upcoming season.