- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Pat Riley Takes Subtle Shot at LeBron James and Cavs
- Updated: July 11, 2017
The Miami Heat are still looking for more offseason moves to make to help them take the next leap forward in the Eastern Conference. While their attempt to bring big name free agent Gordon Hayward eventually fell flat, it’s clear that team president Pat Riley does not regret going after him.
Speaking with the Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman, Riley both gave a rock-solid explanation for their pursuit of Hayward, and took a subtle jab at former Heat star LeBron James and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Riley on going after Hayward, "In this game you have to try to stay one step ahead of the posse, and in this game, the posse is Cleveland."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 10, 2017
Despite James and Riley’s shared success in the past, it’s clear that he and the Heat don’t plan on holding any punches as the the two teams look to advance deep into the playoffs this upcoming season.