- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
Pat Riley Takes Subtle Shot at LeBron James and Cavs
- Updated: July 11, 2017
The Miami Heat are still looking for more offseason moves to make to help them take the next leap forward in the Eastern Conference. While their attempt to bring big name free agent Gordon Hayward eventually fell flat, it’s clear that team president Pat Riley does not regret going after him.
Speaking with the Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman, Riley both gave a rock-solid explanation for their pursuit of Hayward, and took a subtle jab at former Heat star LeBron James and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Riley on going after Hayward, "In this game you have to try to stay one step ahead of the posse, and in this game, the posse is Cleveland."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 10, 2017
Despite James and Riley’s shared success in the past, it’s clear that he and the Heat don’t plan on holding any punches as the the two teams look to advance deep into the playoffs this upcoming season.