- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Pat Riley Takes Subtle Shot at LeBron James and Cavs
- Updated: July 11, 2017
The Miami Heat are still looking for more offseason moves to make to help them take the next leap forward in the Eastern Conference. While their attempt to bring big name free agent Gordon Hayward eventually fell flat, it’s clear that team president Pat Riley does not regret going after him.
Speaking with the Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman, Riley both gave a rock-solid explanation for their pursuit of Hayward, and took a subtle jab at former Heat star LeBron James and his current team, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Riley on going after Hayward, "In this game you have to try to stay one step ahead of the posse, and in this game, the posse is Cleveland."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) July 10, 2017
Despite James and Riley’s shared success in the past, it’s clear that he and the Heat don’t plan on holding any punches as the the two teams look to advance deep into the playoffs this upcoming season.