- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Report: Miami Heat Hint at ‘Big News’ Coming via Social Media
- Updated: August 9, 2018
On Thursday, the Heat took to Twitter to indicate that big news is imminent.
Coming soon ? pic.twitter.com/0WHJZer4qs
Based on the video within the post itself, it seems possible that the big news they are alluding to has something to do with Heat forward James Johnson. Whether that is a trade involving Johnson, some kind of a contract extension, or something else entirely remains to be seen.
Last season, Johnson proved to be an incredibly valuable part of the Heat roster. Due to injuries to several key players throughout the season, Johnson was able to show his versatility on both sides of the court. While he averaged a respectable 10.8 points and 4.9 rebounds per game last season, his impact as a leader on the team went far beyond what shows up on the box score.
Because of that, it would not be shocking to learn that the Heat have opted to extend his current contract. It would also not be surprising to find that another team in the NBA has pegged Johnson as an offseason acquisition they would love to trade for and add to their current roster.
The video does little to indicate what the actual news that they are referring to truly is. Whatever it is, it seems the Heat are on the verge of making another offseason move.