- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Report: Miami Heat Hint at ‘Big News’ Coming via Social Media
- Updated: August 9, 2018
On Thursday, the Heat took to Twitter to indicate that big news is imminent.
Coming soon ? pic.twitter.com/0WHJZer4qs
Based on the video within the post itself, it seems possible that the big news they are alluding to has something to do with Heat forward James Johnson. Whether that is a trade involving Johnson, some kind of a contract extension, or something else entirely remains to be seen.
Last season, Johnson proved to be an incredibly valuable part of the Heat roster. Due to injuries to several key players throughout the season, Johnson was able to show his versatility on both sides of the court. While he averaged a respectable 10.8 points and 4.9 rebounds per game last season, his impact as a leader on the team went far beyond what shows up on the box score.
Because of that, it would not be shocking to learn that the Heat have opted to extend his current contract. It would also not be surprising to find that another team in the NBA has pegged Johnson as an offseason acquisition they would love to trade for and add to their current roster.
The video does little to indicate what the actual news that they are referring to truly is. Whatever it is, it seems the Heat are on the verge of making another offseason move.