- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
Report: Miami Heat Hint at ‘Big News’ Coming via Social Media
- Updated: August 9, 2018
On Thursday, the Heat took to Twitter to indicate that big news is imminent.
Coming soon ? pic.twitter.com/0WHJZer4qs
Based on the video within the post itself, it seems possible that the big news they are alluding to has something to do with Heat forward James Johnson. Whether that is a trade involving Johnson, some kind of a contract extension, or something else entirely remains to be seen.
Last season, Johnson proved to be an incredibly valuable part of the Heat roster. Due to injuries to several key players throughout the season, Johnson was able to show his versatility on both sides of the court. While he averaged a respectable 10.8 points and 4.9 rebounds per game last season, his impact as a leader on the team went far beyond what shows up on the box score.
Because of that, it would not be shocking to learn that the Heat have opted to extend his current contract. It would also not be surprising to find that another team in the NBA has pegged Johnson as an offseason acquisition they would love to trade for and add to their current roster.
The video does little to indicate what the actual news that they are referring to truly is. Whatever it is, it seems the Heat are on the verge of making another offseason move.