- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Jimmy Butler’s 6-word reaction to the Knicks acquiring Derrick Rose
- Updated: February 7, 2021
The Heat defeated the Knicks on Sunday, and Butler talked about how his former coach Tom Thibodeau is bringing some familiar faces to New York.
"Thibs getting the band back together."
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) February 7, 2021
Butler, who played with Rose in Chicago when Thibodeau was the head coach, clearly knows that Thibodeau has an affinity for his former players.
Thibodeau was a big reason that Butler was brought into Minnesota, and he also brought Rose and current Knicks big man Taj Gibson to the Timberwolves during his tenure there.
The Bulls had some success under Thibodeau, and Rose was the league’s MVP in one of the seasons.
However, injuries to Rose and an aging core led to the team breaking up.
Still, Thibodeau clearly appreciates his former players, and he now will have Rose and Gibson on the same roster once again.