- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Updated: March 8, 2020
Crowder is averaging 28.5 minutes per game for the Heat this season, averaging 12.3 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. His defense has also been strong, as he’s averaged 1.5 steals per game.
On top of all that, it appears that he has already formed a strong bond with Heat star Jimmy Butler.
One more revelation on the Jae Crowder pod (at least to me)…
He and Jimmy Butler call themselves “salt and pepper.”
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) March 7, 2020
It’s pretty fantastic to see a newcomer form such a great relationship with Butler. Considering Butler’s prickly reputation, this quick friendship must mean that Crowder is certainly impressing his teammates.
That being said, Butler’s reputation of being a less-than-perfect teammate has seemed to fall by the wayside in his first season with the Heat.
As for Crowder, he is unfortunately in the NBA’s concussion protocol at the moment. He’s recovering from a nasty blow to the head that took place during the Heat’s loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday night.
Hopefully, Crowder is able to return to the court soon so that the blossoming partnership between him and Butler can continue to grow.