- Jimmy Butler delivers blunt message to Bam Adebayo: ‘Attack the rim…play bully ball’
- Frustrated Jimmy Butler rips into Miami Heat teammates for being ‘soft’
- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Updated: March 8, 2020
Crowder is averaging 28.5 minutes per game for the Heat this season, averaging 12.3 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. His defense has also been strong, as he’s averaged 1.5 steals per game.
On top of all that, it appears that he has already formed a strong bond with Heat star Jimmy Butler.
One more revelation on the Jae Crowder pod (at least to me)…
He and Jimmy Butler call themselves “salt and pepper.”
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) March 7, 2020
It’s pretty fantastic to see a newcomer form such a great relationship with Butler. Considering Butler’s prickly reputation, this quick friendship must mean that Crowder is certainly impressing his teammates.
That being said, Butler’s reputation of being a less-than-perfect teammate has seemed to fall by the wayside in his first season with the Heat.
As for Crowder, he is unfortunately in the NBA’s concussion protocol at the moment. He’s recovering from a nasty blow to the head that took place during the Heat’s loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday night.
Hopefully, Crowder is able to return to the court soon so that the blossoming partnership between him and Butler can continue to grow.