- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Jae Crowder Unveils New Nickname for Duo of Him and Jimmy Butler
- Updated: March 8, 2020
Crowder is averaging 28.5 minutes per game for the Heat this season, averaging 12.3 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. His defense has also been strong, as he’s averaged 1.5 steals per game.
On top of all that, it appears that he has already formed a strong bond with Heat star Jimmy Butler.
One more revelation on the Jae Crowder pod (at least to me)…
He and Jimmy Butler call themselves “salt and pepper.”
— Five Reasons Sports Network (@5ReasonsSports) March 7, 2020
It’s pretty fantastic to see a newcomer form such a great relationship with Butler. Considering Butler’s prickly reputation, this quick friendship must mean that Crowder is certainly impressing his teammates.
That being said, Butler’s reputation of being a less-than-perfect teammate has seemed to fall by the wayside in his first season with the Heat.
As for Crowder, he is unfortunately in the NBA’s concussion protocol at the moment. He’s recovering from a nasty blow to the head that took place during the Heat’s loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday night.
Hopefully, Crowder is able to return to the court soon so that the blossoming partnership between him and Butler can continue to grow.