- T.J. Warren Speaks Out on Facing Jimmy Butler and Miami Heat on Monday
- Dwyane Wade Reacts to NBA Snubbing of Devonte’ Graham for Most Improved Player Award
- Mario Chalmers Once Got Into Heated Confrontation With LeBron James After Telling Him to ‘Stop Playing Like a B—h’
- Miami Heat Rumors: Jimmy Butler on Track to Return Monday Against T.J. Warren and Indiana Pacers
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro Gives Thoughts on Playing Point Guard After Incredible Performance vs. Phoenix Suns
- Video: Devin Booker and Tyler Herro Seen Going at It During Miami Heat-Phoenix Suns Matchup
- Miami Heat’s Jae Crowder Continues to Beg for Justice for Breonna Taylor After 148 Days Pass Since Her Murder
- Dwyane Wade’s Hyped Reaction After Seeing Rodney McGruder Hit Game-Winning 3 Against Trail Blazers
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Named Finalist for NBA’s Most Improved Player Award
- 5 Reasons the Miami Heat Are Primed to Represent the Eastern Conference in This Season’s NBA Finals
Jay-Z Wants Boosie Badazz to Apologize to Dwyane Wade for His Transphobic Comments
- Updated: April 15, 2020
Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, was the victim of a tasteless rant by rapper Boosie Badazz recently, and now rap legend Jay-Z wants him to apologize.
Back in Fabruary, Boosie spoke about the younger Wade’s gender identity in an expletive-laced rant.
He then followed up that up with another message attacking the elder Wade’s parenting ability.
Now, Boosie has admitted that Jay-Z wants him to apologize to the Wade family. He said as much when speaking with the “Breakfast Club” radio show.
“Jay-Z allegedly wanted rapper Boosie Badazz to apologize to Dwyane Wade over his transphobic comments aimed at Wade’s daughter Zaya,” HighSnobiety.com reported. “Yesterday, Boosie told ‘The Breakfast Club’ that Jay ‘trying to hook up some s— with a meeting’ to reconcile a controversy that began earlier this year.”
Given the love that the elder Wade has for his daughter, it seems quite unlikely that he would ever be caught in a room with Boosie ever again, let alone accept an apology from him.
As it turns out, Boosie doesn’t plan on apologizing anyway.
“They say Jay-Z was gonna get him on the phone and all that s—,” he said. “I need to apologize to save this and save that.”
He then clarified that he still thinks he has done nothing that warrants an apology.
“Tell Jay-Z I don’t wanna talk,” he added, “I’m not apologizing for s—. I don’t give a f— if Jesus calling to get me to apologize. I said what I said, man. I felt that was right.”
Clearly, before Boosie is ever going to get near the elder Wade, he’s going to have to learn how to overcome his transphobia.
While Jay-Z was likely trying to do what he thought was right, he probably should have just left the topic alone entirely.