- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Jay-Z Wants Boosie Badazz to Apologize to Dwyane Wade for His Transphobic Comments
- Updated: April 15, 2020
Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, was the victim of a tasteless rant by rapper Boosie Badazz recently, and now rap legend Jay-Z wants him to apologize.
Back in Fabruary, Boosie spoke about the younger Wade’s gender identity in an expletive-laced rant.
He then followed up that up with another message attacking the elder Wade’s parenting ability.
Now, Boosie has admitted that Jay-Z wants him to apologize to the Wade family. He said as much when speaking with the “Breakfast Club” radio show.
“Jay-Z allegedly wanted rapper Boosie Badazz to apologize to Dwyane Wade over his transphobic comments aimed at Wade’s daughter Zaya,” HighSnobiety.com reported. “Yesterday, Boosie told ‘The Breakfast Club’ that Jay ‘trying to hook up some s— with a meeting’ to reconcile a controversy that began earlier this year.”
Given the love that the elder Wade has for his daughter, it seems quite unlikely that he would ever be caught in a room with Boosie ever again, let alone accept an apology from him.
As it turns out, Boosie doesn’t plan on apologizing anyway.
“They say Jay-Z was gonna get him on the phone and all that s—,” he said. “I need to apologize to save this and save that.”
He then clarified that he still thinks he has done nothing that warrants an apology.
“Tell Jay-Z I don’t wanna talk,” he added, “I’m not apologizing for s—. I don’t give a f— if Jesus calling to get me to apologize. I said what I said, man. I felt that was right.”
Clearly, before Boosie is ever going to get near the elder Wade, he’s going to have to learn how to overcome his transphobia.
While Jay-Z was likely trying to do what he thought was right, he probably should have just left the topic alone entirely.