- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Jay-Z Wants Boosie Badazz to Apologize to Dwyane Wade for His Transphobic Comments
- Updated: April 15, 2020
Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, was the victim of a tasteless rant by rapper Boosie Badazz recently, and now rap legend Jay-Z wants him to apologize.
Back in Fabruary, Boosie spoke about the younger Wade’s gender identity in an expletive-laced rant.
He then followed up that up with another message attacking the elder Wade’s parenting ability.
Now, Boosie has admitted that Jay-Z wants him to apologize to the Wade family. He said as much when speaking with the “Breakfast Club” radio show.
“Jay-Z allegedly wanted rapper Boosie Badazz to apologize to Dwyane Wade over his transphobic comments aimed at Wade’s daughter Zaya,” HighSnobiety.com reported. “Yesterday, Boosie told ‘The Breakfast Club’ that Jay ‘trying to hook up some s— with a meeting’ to reconcile a controversy that began earlier this year.”
Given the love that the elder Wade has for his daughter, it seems quite unlikely that he would ever be caught in a room with Boosie ever again, let alone accept an apology from him.
As it turns out, Boosie doesn’t plan on apologizing anyway.
“They say Jay-Z was gonna get him on the phone and all that s—,” he said. “I need to apologize to save this and save that.”
He then clarified that he still thinks he has done nothing that warrants an apology.
“Tell Jay-Z I don’t wanna talk,” he added, “I’m not apologizing for s—. I don’t give a f— if Jesus calling to get me to apologize. I said what I said, man. I felt that was right.”
Clearly, before Boosie is ever going to get near the elder Wade, he’s going to have to learn how to overcome his transphobia.
While Jay-Z was likely trying to do what he thought was right, he probably should have just left the topic alone entirely.