- Report: Miami Heat ‘purposely’ showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Jay-Z Wants Boosie Badazz to Apologize to Dwyane Wade for His Transphobic Comments
- Updated: April 15, 2020
Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, was the victim of a tasteless rant by rapper Boosie Badazz recently, and now rap legend Jay-Z wants him to apologize.
Back in Fabruary, Boosie spoke about the younger Wade’s gender identity in an expletive-laced rant.
He then followed up that up with another message attacking the elder Wade’s parenting ability.
Now, Boosie has admitted that Jay-Z wants him to apologize to the Wade family. He said as much when speaking with the “Breakfast Club” radio show.
“Jay-Z allegedly wanted rapper Boosie Badazz to apologize to Dwyane Wade over his transphobic comments aimed at Wade’s daughter Zaya,” HighSnobiety.com reported. “Yesterday, Boosie told ‘The Breakfast Club’ that Jay ‘trying to hook up some s— with a meeting’ to reconcile a controversy that began earlier this year.”
Given the love that the elder Wade has for his daughter, it seems quite unlikely that he would ever be caught in a room with Boosie ever again, let alone accept an apology from him.
As it turns out, Boosie doesn’t plan on apologizing anyway.
“They say Jay-Z was gonna get him on the phone and all that s—,” he said. “I need to apologize to save this and save that.”
He then clarified that he still thinks he has done nothing that warrants an apology.
“Tell Jay-Z I don’t wanna talk,” he added, “I’m not apologizing for s—. I don’t give a f— if Jesus calling to get me to apologize. I said what I said, man. I felt that was right.”
Clearly, before Boosie is ever going to get near the elder Wade, he’s going to have to learn how to overcome his transphobia.
While Jay-Z was likely trying to do what he thought was right, he probably should have just left the topic alone entirely.