- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
Jay-Z Wants Boosie Badazz to Apologize to Dwyane Wade for His Transphobic Comments
- Updated: April 15, 2020
Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, was the victim of a tasteless rant by rapper Boosie Badazz recently, and now rap legend Jay-Z wants him to apologize.
Back in Fabruary, Boosie spoke about the younger Wade’s gender identity in an expletive-laced rant.
He then followed up that up with another message attacking the elder Wade’s parenting ability.
Now, Boosie has admitted that Jay-Z wants him to apologize to the Wade family. He said as much when speaking with the “Breakfast Club” radio show.
“Jay-Z allegedly wanted rapper Boosie Badazz to apologize to Dwyane Wade over his transphobic comments aimed at Wade’s daughter Zaya,” HighSnobiety.com reported. “Yesterday, Boosie told ‘The Breakfast Club’ that Jay ‘trying to hook up some s— with a meeting’ to reconcile a controversy that began earlier this year.”
Given the love that the elder Wade has for his daughter, it seems quite unlikely that he would ever be caught in a room with Boosie ever again, let alone accept an apology from him.
As it turns out, Boosie doesn’t plan on apologizing anyway.
“They say Jay-Z was gonna get him on the phone and all that s—,” he said. “I need to apologize to save this and save that.”
He then clarified that he still thinks he has done nothing that warrants an apology.
“Tell Jay-Z I don’t wanna talk,” he added, “I’m not apologizing for s—. I don’t give a f— if Jesus calling to get me to apologize. I said what I said, man. I felt that was right.”
Clearly, before Boosie is ever going to get near the elder Wade, he’s going to have to learn how to overcome his transphobia.
While Jay-Z was likely trying to do what he thought was right, he probably should have just left the topic alone entirely.