- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Updated: November 29, 2020
After the Miami Heat saluted the contributions made by former Heat forward Jae Crowder, the veteran delivered a heartfelt goodbye and also requested that the team not issue his No. 99 jersey to any other player.
View this post on Instagram
Crowder was acquired by the Heat in February and actually had the odd distinction of playing in more postseason contests for the team than regular-season games.
During that postseason, Crowder started all 21 of the Heat’s games and played a key role in helping them reach the NBA Finals for the first time since 2014.
Earlier this month, Crowder left the team in NBA free agency to sign with the Phoenix Suns.
Crowder began his career by wearing No. 9 for the Dallas Mavericks, but after he was traded to the Boston Celtics in December of 2014, he began wearing what’s become his signature No. 99.
As the first Heat player to ever wear No. 99, Crowder is undoubtedly hoping that he’ll also be the last.
The 2020-21 NBA schedule will be released soon, with Crowder no doubt looking forward to when his new team takes on the Heat.