- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Goran Dragic Warns Miami Heat About Recent Struggles: ‘We Don’t Have a Chance in the Playoffs’
- Updated: February 27, 2020
The Miami Heat have been struggling since the All-Star break, as they have now dropped seven of their last nine games.
After the Heat’s most recent loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, a game in which they lost 129-126, point guard Goran Dragic couldn’t help but express his frustration.
“This is the time we need to win,” Dragic said. “The playoffs are around the corner and it’s just frustrating because it feels like we’re not the same as we were the first half of the season and something needs to happen. We need to fix this ship quickly and try to figure out. Because with this kind of game, we don’t have a chance in the playoffs.”
The Heat have been excellent at home this year, boasting a record of 24-9, but the road has been a different story. The team is now an abysmal 13-18 outside of AmericanAirlines Arena this season.
One of the biggest detriments has been the health and lack of continuity of the squad.
Forward Jimmy Butler recently returned after missing two games due to “personal reasons,” big man Meyers Leonard is still rehabbing an ankle issue and rookie Tyler Herro is still without a timetable as he continues to rehab a sore right foot.
The Heat will look to get back on track as they host the surging Dallas Mavericks in a matchup on Friday night.