- Jimmy Butler on Sacrificing for His Family: ‘I’m Going to Bring Them a Championship’
- What Erik Spoelstra Said to Bam Adebayo to Get Him Going Defensively in 2nd Half
- Report: Celtics Imploding in Locker Room as Players Cuss Each Other Out and Throw Things
- Miami Heat Superstar Jimmy Butler’s Immediate Reaction to Going Up 2-0 on Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal’s Fiancée Favors Him to Miami Heat After All-NBA Snub
- Report: Boston Celtics Guard Doubtful to Return After Suffering Injury in Game 2
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 2 Live Stream: Watch NBA Playoffs Online and on TV
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Files 3 Trademarks for His Big Face Coffee Business
- Report: NBA Executive Says ‘Everyone Is Looking for the Next’ Bam Adebayo in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Rivals Were ‘Chuckling’ and Had ‘Genuine Concern’ for Miami Heat During 2017-18 Season
Goran Dragic Warns Miami Heat About Recent Struggles: ‘We Don’t Have a Chance in the Playoffs’
- Updated: February 27, 2020
The Miami Heat have been struggling since the All-Star break, as they have now dropped seven of their last nine games.
After the Heat’s most recent loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, a game in which they lost 129-126, point guard Goran Dragic couldn’t help but express his frustration.
“This is the time we need to win,” Dragic said. “The playoffs are around the corner and it’s just frustrating because it feels like we’re not the same as we were the first half of the season and something needs to happen. We need to fix this ship quickly and try to figure out. Because with this kind of game, we don’t have a chance in the playoffs.”
The Heat have been excellent at home this year, boasting a record of 24-9, but the road has been a different story. The team is now an abysmal 13-18 outside of AmericanAirlines Arena this season.
One of the biggest detriments has been the health and lack of continuity of the squad.
Forward Jimmy Butler recently returned after missing two games due to “personal reasons,” big man Meyers Leonard is still rehabbing an ankle issue and rookie Tyler Herro is still without a timetable as he continues to rehab a sore right foot.
The Heat will look to get back on track as they host the surging Dallas Mavericks in a matchup on Friday night.