- Miami Heat news: Bam Adebayo signs endorsement deal with Jordan Brand
- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
Goran Dragic Warns Miami Heat About Recent Struggles: ‘We Don’t Have a Chance in the Playoffs’
- Updated: February 27, 2020
The Miami Heat have been struggling since the All-Star break, as they have now dropped seven of their last nine games.
After the Heat’s most recent loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves, a game in which they lost 129-126, point guard Goran Dragic couldn’t help but express his frustration.
“This is the time we need to win,” Dragic said. “The playoffs are around the corner and it’s just frustrating because it feels like we’re not the same as we were the first half of the season and something needs to happen. We need to fix this ship quickly and try to figure out. Because with this kind of game, we don’t have a chance in the playoffs.”
The Heat have been excellent at home this year, boasting a record of 24-9, but the road has been a different story. The team is now an abysmal 13-18 outside of AmericanAirlines Arena this season.
One of the biggest detriments has been the health and lack of continuity of the squad.
Forward Jimmy Butler recently returned after missing two games due to “personal reasons,” big man Meyers Leonard is still rehabbing an ankle issue and rookie Tyler Herro is still without a timetable as he continues to rehab a sore right foot.
The Heat will look to get back on track as they host the surging Dallas Mavericks in a matchup on Friday night.