- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Details Troubling Childhood Moment When Cop Put Gun to His Head
- Dwyane Wade Sends Sincere Message to LeBron James at Retirement Ceremony
- Cardi B Emphatically Defends Dwyane Wade’s Transgender Child Zaya
- Video: Hardcore Miami Heat Fans Name Son After Dwyane Wade
- Dwyane Wade Reveals Most Important Thing Kobe Bryant Ever Told Him at Retirement Ceremony
- Miami Heat News: Miami-Dade County Declares Feb. 22 Dwyane Wade Day
Goran Dragic Offers Sage Advice to Dion Waiters Upon Return to Miami Heat
- Updated: December 26, 2019
Upon his return, fellow veteran guard Goran Dragic offered words of advice to his embattled teammate.
“Just leave those things behind. It’s over,” Heat guard Goran Dragic said Thursday. “You can’t change it. The only thing you can do now is focus on yourself and your future. Just come in and be ready each day. Work hard, and only good things are going to happen.”
They are certainly words of wisdom from one veteran to another. Dragic has never dealt with the off-court issues that Waiters has suffered throughout his career. Still, Waiters must surely appreciate the support amidst this trying time in his career.
Going forward, it will be fascinating to see what happens with Waiters in Miami. While the team has expressed a desire to part ways with Waiters, his low value as a trade piece and the money left on his current contract make it hard to envision a simple solution.
Perhaps, the best possible outcome would be for Waiters to prove that he has learned from these suspensions and commit to contributing on the court and staying quiet off of it.
Given the past few months, however, it seems somewhat unlikely that that resolution comes to pass.