- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Goran Dragic heavily praises Jimmy Butler after Game 3 vs. Lakers
- Updated: October 5, 2020
When Miami Heat guard Goran Dragic suffered a torn plantar fascia in Game 1 of the NBA Finals and was doubtful to play again in the series, the team’s chances of winning the championship seemed to all but disappear.
However, Jimmy Butler had a gargantuan Game 3 performance to lead the Heat to a 115-104 win over the Los Angeles Lakers and get them on the board in this championship series.
Afterward, Dragic gave props to his All-Star teammate.
Butler registered 40 points, 11 rebounds, 13 assists, two steals and two blocked shots, as he helped repel a late Lakers rally to secure the victory for Miami.
Towards the end of the game, Butler even talked smack to his opponents from L.A. after making a layup to put the contest out of reach.
Miami seems to still be holding out hope that Dragic may be able to return at some point in the series.
If he does, perhaps the Heat will actually have a chance of winning the title, instead of merely competing with the Lakers.