- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Updated: May 29, 2020
The entire NBA has rallied around the protesters in Minnesota who have taken to the streets to speak out against the police killing of George Floyd.
Evil knows no bounds. He knew George Floyd and slowly murdered him. And still none of them have been charged. https://t.co/xULX5jsb5A
At the time of the tweet, former police officer Derek Chauvin had not been charged with any crime despite clear video footage depicting him with his knee pinning Floyd’s neck, which later resulted in death.
On Friday afternoon, Chauvin was officially arrested and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.
Hopefully, those who are responsible for Floyd’s death will be brought to justice and serve the time behind bars that they so clearly deserve.
Until then, people must find a way to hold onto the hope that one day the hate that Union referred to will dissipate, leading to a safer and more peaceful society.