- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
- Dwyane Wade Reminisces on His Iconic Pregame Routine With Miami Heat
Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Updated: May 29, 2020
The entire NBA has rallied around the protesters in Minnesota who have taken to the streets to speak out against the police killing of George Floyd.
Evil knows no bounds. He knew George Floyd and slowly murdered him. And still none of them have been charged. https://t.co/xULX5jsb5A
At the time of the tweet, former police officer Derek Chauvin had not been charged with any crime despite clear video footage depicting him with his knee pinning Floyd’s neck, which later resulted in death.
On Friday afternoon, Chauvin was officially arrested and charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter.
Hopefully, those who are responsible for Floyd’s death will be brought to justice and serve the time behind bars that they so clearly deserve.
Until then, people must find a way to hold onto the hope that one day the hate that Union referred to will dissipate, leading to a safer and more peaceful society.