- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Dwyane Wade Pleads for Justice After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Updated: May 27, 2020
Miami Heat icon Dwyane Wade served a passionate message on Twitter following the death of George Floyd, a black man who recently passed away due to the brutality of a white police officer in Minneapolis, Minn.
JUSTICE WILL NOT BE SERVED UNTIL THOSE UNAFFECTED ARE AS OUTRAGED AS THOSE WHO ARE‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) May 27, 2020
Wade, 38, was joined by numerous current and former Heat players in voicing their displeasure with systemic racism and police brutality in the wake of Floyd’s death.
According to police, Floyd had a medical incident during an attempted arrest on Monday. Yet, video of the exchange showed an officer with his knee pinned down on Floyd’s neck for multiple minutes.
In the clip, the 46-year-old is heard crying out that he cannot breathe. Still, the officer failed to loosen his grip on the helpless man. Moments later, Floyd lost consciousness.
The tragic event comes in the aftermath of the country’s outrage over the recent death of Ahmaud Arbery, a black youngster who was shot down by two white men on Feb. 23.
The Heat’s all-time leading scorer also shared an emotional message following Arbery’s death.
While athletes are having to regularly speak out on these horrific events, the hope is that these passionate comments will lead to justice and change.