- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
Former NFL Wide Receiver Recruits Dwyane Wade to Miami
- Updated: August 16, 2017
When news broke on Wednesday about a possible buyout for Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade, former NFL wide receiver and current South Florida resident Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson called on the Miami Heat superstar to return to South Beach.
Come home big bruh so we can play FIFA on the jumbotron at American Airlines Arena #305 https://t.co/ErTKl61m5s
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) August 16, 2017
Johnson, as many of his Twitter followers know, is an avid FIFA player who routinely challenges and beats strangers at the popular soccer game. He also clearly has a strong friendship with Wade, as they spent the day together at a Big3 game just two days ago.
The former Cincinnati Bengals star wideout’s recruiting efforts are admirable, but any chance of Wade returning to Miami will have to commence with a successful buyout, which could take months.
Johnson was not the only person excited about the news. In fact, current Heat center Hassan Whiteside gave his nod of approval using an appreciative GIF. The season is still some months away, but the excitement of a possible Wade reunion is clearly building.