- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Former NFL Wide Receiver Recruits Dwyane Wade to Miami
- Updated: August 16, 2017
When news broke on Wednesday about a possible buyout for Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade, former NFL wide receiver and current South Florida resident Chad “Ochocinco” Johnson called on the Miami Heat superstar to return to South Beach.
Come home big bruh so we can play FIFA on the jumbotron at American Airlines Arena #305 https://t.co/ErTKl61m5s
— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) August 16, 2017
Johnson, as many of his Twitter followers know, is an avid FIFA player who routinely challenges and beats strangers at the popular soccer game. He also clearly has a strong friendship with Wade, as they spent the day together at a Big3 game just two days ago.
The former Cincinnati Bengals star wideout’s recruiting efforts are admirable, but any chance of Wade returning to Miami will have to commence with a successful buyout, which could take months.
Johnson was not the only person excited about the news. In fact, current Heat center Hassan Whiteside gave his nod of approval using an appreciative GIF. The season is still some months away, but the excitement of a possible Wade reunion is clearly building.