- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
Dwyane Wade Sends Heartfelt Message to Justise Winslow via Social Media
- Updated: March 9, 2018
Miami Heat forward Justise Winslow has been playing some of the best basketball of his young career as of late. After missing nearly a month of the season due to injury, he battled back to get into the rotation and now his hard work is starting to attract attention.
Wade and Winslow only played for one season together before the three-time NBA champ decided to sign with the Chicago Bulls in the 2016 offseason. It’s clear, however, that they developed quite a strong bond during their short time together.
Winslow’s 2017-18 season got off to a rocky start, but he has recently been showing strong signs of improvement. The former 10th overall draft pick had averaged just 5.9 points and 5.0 rebounds in the month of February. So far this month, he is averaging an impressive 14.3 points and 6.8 rebounds per game. He has also seen a large uptick in his playing time, averaging nearly 10 more minutes per game so far in March compared to the previous month.
While there is no clear connection between Wade rejoining the Heat and Winslow’s improvement, having a veteran presence like Wade back in the organization can certainly only help.
With Thursday night’s win, the Heat move up to the seventh spot in the Eastern Conference and are only one behind the 76ers for the sixth spot. If Winslow continues to improve as the regular season rolls on, the Heat will have a great chance of climbing even higher in the Eastern Conference by the time the playoffs arrive.