- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Dwyane Wade Reveals How Carmelo Anthony Convinced Him to Return for Final Season
- Updated: April 5, 2019
.@DwyaneWade wasn't planning on coming back for the 2018-19 season …
— ESPN (@espn) April 5, 2019
“He was like ‘Alright, let’s just get down to it. Bro, what are you talking about you gonna retire’. He was really like, I seen it in his, I heard in his voice, I seen it in his eyes,” Wade said. “He was like ‘Yo, you cannot retire and not allow us to celebrate you or to celebrate the career you had’. It was kind of, to me, an eye-opener.”
Wade ended up listening to Anthony and returned for a final NBA season.
While the 16-year veteran is not recording superstar numbers like he did in his younger days, he’s putting on a fantastic final farewell for fans around the world to see.
The All-Star is averaging 14.5 points, 4.1 assists and 3.9 rebounds in 25.8 minutes per game off the bench this season. Furthermore, Wade is dazzling fans with vintage dunks, defensive plays and buzzer-beaters.
Anthony, on the other hand, is currently out of the league. The 34-year-old was traded from the Houston Rockets to the Chicago Bulls in January before getting released.
In his 10 appearances with the Rockets this season, Anthony put up 13.4 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
The Heat take on the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night.