- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Touching Tribute From Spurs
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Prior to the Heat’s victory on Wednesday, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich gave Wade a very special gift. Wade has been swapping jerseys with players after games, so Popovich gave the 13-time All-Star signed jerseys from Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker.
After the game, Wade took to social media to express his gratitude not only to the Spurs organization but also to the fans who cheered him on.
Wade certainly has a lot of history with the Spurs. San Antonio and Miami met in both the 2013 and 2014 NBA Finals, with the Heat winning the first and the Spurs winning the second.
Popovich has coached the Spurs for as long as Wade has been in the league, so the two future Hall of Famers have crossed paths many times.
The three-time champion has announced that he will retire at the end of the season. On the year, Wade is averaging 14.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game.