- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Touching Tribute From Spurs
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Prior to the Heat’s victory on Wednesday, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich gave Wade a very special gift. Wade has been swapping jerseys with players after games, so Popovich gave the 13-time All-Star signed jerseys from Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker.
After the game, Wade took to social media to express his gratitude not only to the Spurs organization but also to the fans who cheered him on.
Wade certainly has a lot of history with the Spurs. San Antonio and Miami met in both the 2013 and 2014 NBA Finals, with the Heat winning the first and the Spurs winning the second.
Popovich has coached the Spurs for as long as Wade has been in the league, so the two future Hall of Famers have crossed paths many times.
The three-time champion has announced that he will retire at the end of the season. On the year, Wade is averaging 14.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game.