- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler Says Miami Heat Not Displaying ‘Culture We Pride Ourselves On’
- Hassan Whiteside Expecting Boos From Miami Heat Crowd in Return Contest
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Touching Tribute From Spurs
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Prior to the Heat’s victory on Wednesday, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich gave Wade a very special gift. Wade has been swapping jerseys with players after games, so Popovich gave the 13-time All-Star signed jerseys from Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker.
After the game, Wade took to social media to express his gratitude not only to the Spurs organization but also to the fans who cheered him on.
Wade certainly has a lot of history with the Spurs. San Antonio and Miami met in both the 2013 and 2014 NBA Finals, with the Heat winning the first and the Spurs winning the second.
Popovich has coached the Spurs for as long as Wade has been in the league, so the two future Hall of Famers have crossed paths many times.
The three-time champion has announced that he will retire at the end of the season. On the year, Wade is averaging 14.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game.