- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Touching Tribute From Spurs
- Updated: March 21, 2019
Prior to the Heat’s victory on Wednesday, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich gave Wade a very special gift. Wade has been swapping jerseys with players after games, so Popovich gave the 13-time All-Star signed jerseys from Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker.
After the game, Wade took to social media to express his gratitude not only to the Spurs organization but also to the fans who cheered him on.
Wade certainly has a lot of history with the Spurs. San Antonio and Miami met in both the 2013 and 2014 NBA Finals, with the Heat winning the first and the Spurs winning the second.
Popovich has coached the Spurs for as long as Wade has been in the league, so the two future Hall of Famers have crossed paths many times.
The three-time champion has announced that he will retire at the end of the season. On the year, Wade is averaging 14.2 points, 3.7 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game.