- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
Video: Dwyane Wade Comes Up With Huge Defensive Play to Seal Win vs. Spurs
- Updated: March 20, 2019
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) March 21, 2019
The Heat had led by double digits for much of the game, but as the minutes began to wind down the Spurs inched back little by little.
As DeMar DeRozan began his drive into the lane with just over 14 seconds left on the clock, it seemed assured that the Spurs would manage to cut the Heat’s three-point lead even further. Luckily, Wade had the presence of mind to come up from behind and stick his arm in.
The steal was Wade’s second huge play of the night. He hit a half-court buzzer-beater to close out the third quarter, three points that proved to be pivotal in the game.
Shortly after the steal, Kelly Olynyk was sent to the line and knocked down two free throws to seal the Miami win, 110-105. It’s Miami’s second straight road victory against a Western Conference team that is in line to advance to the playoffs.
With the end of Wade’s career in sight, it’s nights like these that beg the question why the three-time champion isn’t continuing his incredible career past this season.