- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Video: Dwyane Wade Comes Up With Huge Defensive Play to Seal Win vs. Spurs
- Updated: March 20, 2019
— FOX Sports Florida (@FOXSportsFL) March 21, 2019
The Heat had led by double digits for much of the game, but as the minutes began to wind down the Spurs inched back little by little.
As DeMar DeRozan began his drive into the lane with just over 14 seconds left on the clock, it seemed assured that the Spurs would manage to cut the Heat’s three-point lead even further. Luckily, Wade had the presence of mind to come up from behind and stick his arm in.
The steal was Wade’s second huge play of the night. He hit a half-court buzzer-beater to close out the third quarter, three points that proved to be pivotal in the game.
Shortly after the steal, Kelly Olynyk was sent to the line and knocked down two free throws to seal the Miami win, 110-105. It’s Miami’s second straight road victory against a Western Conference team that is in line to advance to the playoffs.
With the end of Wade’s career in sight, it’s nights like these that beg the question why the three-time champion isn’t continuing his incredible career past this season.