- Miami Heat News: Heat Exercise Fourth-Year Option on Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat News: American Airlines Arena to Change Name Starting Next Season
- Tyler Herro Agrees That He’ll Be NBA Rookie With ‘Most Drip’
- Goran Dragic Says Surgically Repaired Knee ‘Way Stronger’ Than Last Season
- Dwyane Wade Discusses Why He Absolutely ‘Had to Bring a Championship’ to Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade Seriously Interested in Owning NFL Team With Rick Ross
- Chris Bosh Eligible to Go to Hall of Fame in Same Class as Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan
- Report: NBA Will No Longer Allow ‘Ninja-Style’ Headbands Jimmy Butler Wore Last Season
- Dwyane Wade: ‘I Think L.A. Is Going to Win the Championship’
- Dwyane Wade Hints at Possible Comeback From Retirement: ‘Never Say Never’
Video: San Antonio Spurs Give Dwyane Wade Epic Gift in Final Matchup
- Updated: March 20, 2019
Dwyane Wade is facing off against the San Antonio Spurs for the final time in his storied career tonight. Prior to the game, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich gifted Wade something he won’t soon forget.
Keeping up with the tradition of jersey swapping that Wade has taken part of this season, the Spurs gave him signed jerseys of Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker.
Coach Pop gifts D-Wade signed jerseys of Tim Duncan, Manu and Tony Parker in pregame 🙏 pic.twitter.com/Txgjl5aky7
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 21, 2019
Wade certainly knows and respects not only Popovich, but the three players who once wore the Spurs jerseys he was gifted on Wednesday night.
As a member of the Miami Heat during the Big 3 era, Wade defeated the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals and then lost to them in the 2014 NBA Finals.
Regardless of old rivalries, it’s clear that the sense of respect and adoration is felt on both sides.
With the number of regular season games left in Wade’s career nearing the single digits, it’ll be interesting to see if any of the teams in the upcoming matchups look to better the Spurs when it comes to parting gifts.