- Video: Dwyane Wade Drops Epic Verse on Rick Ross’ ‘Season Ticket Holder’
- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
Video: San Antonio Spurs Give Dwyane Wade Epic Gift in Final Matchup
- Updated: March 20, 2019
Dwyane Wade is facing off against the San Antonio Spurs for the final time in his storied career tonight. Prior to the game, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich gifted Wade something he won’t soon forget.
Keeping up with the tradition of jersey swapping that Wade has taken part of this season, the Spurs gave him signed jerseys of Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker.
Coach Pop gifts D-Wade signed jerseys of Tim Duncan, Manu and Tony Parker in pregame 🙏 pic.twitter.com/Txgjl5aky7
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 21, 2019
Wade certainly knows and respects not only Popovich, but the three players who once wore the Spurs jerseys he was gifted on Wednesday night.
As a member of the Miami Heat during the Big 3 era, Wade defeated the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals and then lost to them in the 2014 NBA Finals.
Regardless of old rivalries, it’s clear that the sense of respect and adoration is felt on both sides.
With the number of regular season games left in Wade’s career nearing the single digits, it’ll be interesting to see if any of the teams in the upcoming matchups look to better the Spurs when it comes to parting gifts.