- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
- Here’s the definitive reason why the Miami Heat weren’t serious contenders to trade for James Harden
Video: San Antonio Spurs Give Dwyane Wade Epic Gift in Final Matchup
- Updated: March 20, 2019
Dwyane Wade is facing off against the San Antonio Spurs for the final time in his storied career tonight. Prior to the game, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich gifted Wade something he won’t soon forget.
Keeping up with the tradition of jersey swapping that Wade has taken part of this season, the Spurs gave him signed jerseys of Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker.
Coach Pop gifts D-Wade signed jerseys of Tim Duncan, Manu and Tony Parker in pregame ? pic.twitter.com/Txgjl5aky7
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 21, 2019
Wade certainly knows and respects not only Popovich, but the three players who once wore the Spurs jerseys he was gifted on Wednesday night.
As a member of the Miami Heat during the Big 3 era, Wade defeated the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals and then lost to them in the 2014 NBA Finals.
Regardless of old rivalries, it’s clear that the sense of respect and adoration is felt on both sides.
With the number of regular season games left in Wade’s career nearing the single digits, it’ll be interesting to see if any of the teams in the upcoming matchups look to better the Spurs when it comes to parting gifts.