- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Video: San Antonio Spurs Give Dwyane Wade Epic Gift in Final Matchup
- Updated: March 20, 2019
Dwyane Wade is facing off against the San Antonio Spurs for the final time in his storied career tonight. Prior to the game, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich gifted Wade something he won’t soon forget.
Keeping up with the tradition of jersey swapping that Wade has taken part of this season, the Spurs gave him signed jerseys of Spurs legends Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, and Tony Parker.
Coach Pop gifts D-Wade signed jerseys of Tim Duncan, Manu and Tony Parker in pregame ? pic.twitter.com/Txgjl5aky7
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) March 21, 2019
Wade certainly knows and respects not only Popovich, but the three players who once wore the Spurs jerseys he was gifted on Wednesday night.
As a member of the Miami Heat during the Big 3 era, Wade defeated the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals and then lost to them in the 2014 NBA Finals.
Regardless of old rivalries, it’s clear that the sense of respect and adoration is felt on both sides.
With the number of regular season games left in Wade’s career nearing the single digits, it’ll be interesting to see if any of the teams in the upcoming matchups look to better the Spurs when it comes to parting gifts.