- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Dwyane Wade Pays Tribute to Manu Ginobili With Heartfelt Message
- Updated: August 27, 2018
Ginobili has been a fixture in the NBA for the better part of the last two decades. To honor his impact on the league, Wade took to Twitter to post a heartfelt message to the San Antonio Spurs star.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 27, 2018
Through his post, it is clear that Wade respects Ginobili as much as any other player he has faced off against during his career, and there is good reason why. Wade is very familiar with just how great Ginobili was during his NBA career.
In the 2013 and 2014 NBA seasons, the Heat and Spurs faced off in the NBA Finals. While the Heat were able to win the first matchup in an epic seven-game series, the Spurs dominated the 2014 series on their way to a 4-1 series victory. Both Wade and Ginobili were considered two of the most skilled shooting guards in the league during those two seasons, and their matchups in those Finals series were truly something to behold.
Ginobili’s departure from the NBA marks the end of an era in San Antonio. Along with Ginobili, Tim Duncan, and Tony Parker, the Spurs won four NBA championships within 11 seasons. Now, all three players are either retired, or playing elsewhere.
Hopefully Wade does not decide to follow Ginobili’s lead and hang it up for good this summer. If he does, it would not be a surprise to see the Argentine native take to social media and return the favor by honoring Wade’s incredible career as well.