- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
- Numerous Miami Heat players react to making NBA Finals via social media
- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
Video: Dwyane Wade Breaks His Silence on Ahmaud Arbery Killing in Emotional Clip
- Updated: May 9, 2020
On what should have been Arbery’s 26th birthday, Wade sent an emotional message through his Instagram account.
The father of four began his message by bemoaning how difficult it is to tell his children about the harsh realities they face because of their race.
“I’ve been trying to find the right words to say to my kids,” Wade said. “I want to tell my kids over and over and over again that just by the color of your skin, just because you were born African-American, that you are deemed a threat — at all times. No matter what you’re doing, no matter where you’re at, no matter what your family has, you’re deemed a threat.”
This was in response to how Arbery was senselessly killed and how long it took for the case to catch the attention of the public.
The young African-American was said to be jogging last Feb. 23 when two men shot him down in cold blood after they suspected him of being a robber.
However, no arrest had been made for more than two months. It was only after the video of the crime was anonymously sent to and uploaded by a radio station that an arrest was made.
Wade continued his message by greeting Arbery and sending his support to the victim’s family.
“I want to send a happy birthday to Ahmaud Arbery,” Wade stated. “Happy 26th birthday. To the Arbery family, I want to let you guys that we won’t shut up, and that our voices will get louder. We’re standing with you and we’re standing for you.”
Recently, the suspects were arrested on charges of murder and aggravated assault. But Wade reminded his fans that we should remain vigilant in the pursuit of justice. He even evoked the memory of a similar case that occurred eight years ago.
“I don’t believe in the celebration of justice until justice has been served,” Wade further said. “We watched Trayvon Martin’s killer go to court and be let free. So on this day, we keep fighting. We keep fighting for Ahmaud. Happy birthday, brother.”