- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
Dion Waiters Makes Some Interesting Comments Regarding Kyrie Irving
- Updated: August 10, 2017
With rumors and allegations flying about whether or not Kyrie Irving will eventually become a member of the Miami Heat, it’s only natural that current members of the Heat would be asked about the possible addition to their team.
Last week, one of Irving’s former Cleveland Cavaliers teammates and current Heat guard Dion Waiters spoke to HipHop1987 about possibly reuniting with the talented point guard.
“It would help – I’m not against that,” Waiters said. “Just know there’s an alpha male over there too in myself.”
He added that he wasn’t surprised to hear that Irving wanted out of Cleveland.
“We talk, we have talks,” Waiters said. “I’d be lying if I said I’m surprised. At the end of the day, I knew what’s up. I respect him. He won one. It’s time for him to go take on a bigger role, be that leader, be that guy. He wants to be that guy I guess. There’s nothing wrong with that. I ride with that. I respect that decision. He knows what it takes to win. He learned all that from Bron, from playing with him for four years. He knows what it takes. That’s how I was. When I played Bron I soaked everything in. I was a sponge. Bron took me under his wing from day one. Every little thing, how to take care of his body, he’s a pro’s pro, a true professional.”
See what else Waiters had to say below.
According to most recent reports, Irving joining the Heat may be a long shot. In the off-chance that he does end up in Miami, however, it seems that Waiters is willing to welcome his former teammate to South Beach with open arms.