- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Updated: November 24, 2020
With Bam Adebayo having been rewarded with a lucrative new contract extension, the Miami Heat forward offered uncertain thoughts about what the future of Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo looks like.
Adebayo may be thought to have better insight on the topic of Antetokounmpo’s future, considering they both share the same representation. However, even Adebayo’s uncertain about what route the Bucks forward will take with free agency on the horizon next year.
Bam Adebayo on Giannis Antetokounmpo (the two share the same agent), "I don’t know his intentions. I don't know what he is planning to do. But, as you can see, a lot of people are waiting to see what his move is."
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 24, 2020
Antetokounmpo turns 26 next month and has won the last two NBA MVP awards, but the Bucks have come up short in trying to win a title in each of the last two seasons.
That’s led to efforts from countless teams trying to either trade for Antetokounmpo before he becomes a free agent or sign him during next year’s free-agency period.
The Bucks continue to make every effort to sign Antetokounmpo to a massive new deal but have yet to succeed in that area. If they’re unable to sign him or make a deal before the trade deadline, the team could end up with nothing and have an uncertain future of its own.
When it comes to Adebayo’s future, that vision became much clearer with the news of his deal, which saw Antetokounmpo taking note of the transaction.
Coming after a breakout season in which the 23-year-old earned All-Star honors for the first time, Adebayo knows that his deal will look much smaller when Antetokounmpo finally makes his decision.
Despite that fact, Adebayo and every Heat fan continue to dream of a scenario in which Antetokounmpo will end up in a Heat uniform during the prime of his career.