- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Report: Giannis Antetokounmpo ‘more impressed’ by Heat extending Bam Adebayo rather than making him wait
- Updated: November 24, 2020
By the way, someone who knows Giannis well told me Giannis would be more impressed by Heat extending Bam than by making Bam wait a year for his money to get Giannis more easily. Bam and Giannis are friends.
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) November 24, 2020
Adebayo and Antetokounmpo share an agent and are close friends.
The Heat would love to pair the duo in their frontcourt after the 2020-21 season.
Antetokounmpo can become a free agent after this season, but the Milwaukee Bucks have tried to do everything possible to keep him around.
This offseason, the Bucks traded for star guard Jrue Holiday in an attempt to improve their roster and make a run at an NBA title.
The Heat knocked the Bucks out in the second round of the playoffs last season, and they look poised to make another run this year.
With Adebayo under contract for the foreseeable future, Miami can now turn its eyes to the race for Antetokounmpo next offseason.
While signing Adebayo to his extension will likely make that much more difficult, it seems that Antetokounmo’s respect for the Heat will only grow.