- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Report: Miami Heat expected to give Bam Adebayo close to $200 million contract extension
- Updated: November 24, 2020
Even before the numbers had been solidified, it was clear that the talented youngster was on his way to a massive payday.
Adebayo's contract can be close to $200 million depending on super-max considerations. Heat would need to jump through a lot of hoops to also add max free agent next summer. But now have ample assets for sign-and-trade for one next summer, or a deal this season. https://t.co/qcLfXd2sDL
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) November 24, 2020
Shortly after, the full numbers came in.
Adebayo is eligible for a rookie maximum contract — $163M with trigger for $195.6M — and Miami plans to sign him to the new deal, source says. https://t.co/4UCqLdLKLx
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 24, 2020
Adebayo, 23, made his first All-Star team this past season.
He quickly burst on the scene this past season as Miami’s second option behind star Jimmy Butler.
During the 2019-20 campaign, Adebayo averaged 15.9 points, 10.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game. All of those numbers were career-highs for Adebayo.
Now, Miami will lock him up to an extension, keeping him in South Florida for the foreseeable future.