- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Miami Heat reveal Goran Dragic’s playing status for win-or-go-home Game 5
- Updated: October 7, 2020
The Miami Heat will head into Game 5 of the NBA Finals on the brink of elimination. It will be the first time the team will face elimination during this playoff run, and it appears it’ll do it without Goran Dragic.
Dragic tried to test his injured foot before Game 4 against the Los Angeles Lakers, but he couldn’t move the way he wanted to and sat out. The same may be the case for Game 5.
Goran Dragic is listed as doubtful for Game 5 on this evening’s injury report.
— Malika Andrews (@malika_andrews) October 7, 2020
As for Dragic, the Heat have had to go with rookie Kendrick Nunn to help fill the void. Although he’s played better than expected while playing an increased role, Dragic’s veteran experience in the backcourt has been sorely missed.
If Dragic can return for Friday’s game, it’s hard to say what kind of impact he’d have or how many minutes he’d be able to play on his injured foot. It would be a safe bet to assume he’ll remain out as the Heat attempt to extend the Finals by at least one more game.