- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Updated: October 1, 2020
The Miami Heat got decimated with injuries in Game 1 of the NBA Finals as starting point guard Goran Dragic suffered a torn plantar fascia, Jimmy Butler a sprained ankle and Bam Adebayo a shoulder strain.
Butler managed to stay in the game and finished with 23 points, two rebounds, five assists and two steals. However, Dragic left early in the game and didn’t return after playing just 14 minutes. In addition Adebayo finished his night with just 21 minutes of playing time.
Now, it seems that both players are doubtful to suit up for a critical Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
Bam Adebayo is also listed as doubtful after a MRI revealed a neck strain (left side).
Although, there is some optimism that Dragic will eventually return in the series, the chances of that happening are slim to none. It’s unfortunate because he was the team’s leading scorer in the postseason with 19.9 points per game.
As for Adebayo, his injury didn’t seem as serious, but the MRI clearly revealed more than initially expected.