- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Updated: October 1, 2020
The Miami Heat got decimated with injuries in Game 1 of the NBA Finals as starting point guard Goran Dragic suffered a torn plantar fascia, Jimmy Butler a sprained ankle and Bam Adebayo a shoulder strain.
Butler managed to stay in the game and finished with 23 points, two rebounds, five assists and two steals. However, Dragic left early in the game and didn’t return after playing just 14 minutes. In addition Adebayo finished his night with just 21 minutes of playing time.
Now, it seems that both players are doubtful to suit up for a critical Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
Bam Adebayo is also listed as doubtful after a MRI revealed a neck strain (left side).
Although, there is some optimism that Dragic will eventually return in the series, the chances of that happening are slim to none. It’s unfortunate because he was the team’s leading scorer in the postseason with 19.9 points per game.
As for Adebayo, his injury didn’t seem as serious, but the MRI clearly revealed more than initially expected.