- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
- Duncan Robinson says Lakers trash-talking during NBA Finals included calling him ‘Jimmy Neutron’
- Report: Kelly Olynyk expected to opt in for 2020-21 season with Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Updated: October 1, 2020
The Miami Heat got decimated with injuries in Game 1 of the NBA Finals as starting point guard Goran Dragic suffered a torn plantar fascia, Jimmy Butler a sprained ankle and Bam Adebayo a shoulder strain.
Butler managed to stay in the game and finished with 23 points, two rebounds, five assists and two steals. However, Dragic left early in the game and didn’t return after playing just 14 minutes. In addition Adebayo finished his night with just 21 minutes of playing time.
Now, it seems that both players are doubtful to suit up for a critical Game 2 of the NBA Finals.
Bam Adebayo is also listed as doubtful after a MRI revealed a neck strain (left side).
Although, there is some optimism that Dragic will eventually return in the series, the chances of that happening are slim to none. It’s unfortunate because he was the team’s leading scorer in the postseason with 19.9 points per game.
As for Adebayo, his injury didn’t seem as serious, but the MRI clearly revealed more than initially expected.