- Antoine Walker rips Brooklyn Nets’ decision to trade for James Harden: ‘You can’t win with his style’
- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
Report: Charlotte Hornets rookie LaMelo Ball to make 1st career start against Miami Heat
- Updated: February 1, 2021
Charlotte Hornets rookie point guard LaMelo Ball will make his first start of the season against the Miami Heat.
Hornets guard Terry Rozier is out of the lineup with a right ankle sprain, and Ball will take his place in the rotation.
Terry Rozier (R ankle sprain) is out tonight for the Hornets. So ladies and gentlemen, in his first NBA start . . . LaMelo Ball.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) February 1, 2021
Ball was the No. 3 overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
The rookie has impressed this season, as he is averaging 12.2 points, 5.9 rebounds and 6.0 assists per game.
He became the youngest player ever to record a triple-double in a game earlier this season.
The Heat come into the game at 7-12, but they should have an advantage with Rozier out.
As talented as Ball is, Rozier is averaging 18.6 points per game this season and shooting 43.5 percent from beyond the arc.
The Heat and Hornets tip off at 7:30 p.m. EST.