- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Bam Adebayo gives optimistic update on his status for Game 3 vs. Lakers
- Updated: October 3, 2020
“Yes, I believe I’ll be in the lineup,” Adebayo told Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. “I’m feeling better. I believe I’ll play.”
Adebayo’s return will be important for the Heat as they missed his defense and rebounding ability in the 124-114 Game 2 loss on Friday night.
The 23-year-old also mentioned that he feels the Heat can turn the series around, despite being down two games to none.
“We’ve got to play with a level of desperation,” Adebayo told Haynes. “That’s what I see. We’ve got to be a desperate team and come out with a lot of energy from the jump. I’m confident we can turn things around.”
Adebayo has arguably been the Heat’s best player this postseason, averaging 17.8 points, 10.9 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.1 steals per game while shooting 55.7 percent from the field and 81.4 percent from the free throw line.
In Game 1 of the series, before exiting the game due to injury, Adebayo recorded eight points and four rebounds in 21 minutes of action.
Game 3 of the series is scheduled to be on Sunday at 7:30 p.m. EST.