- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Video: Dwyane Wade Seen Training With and Mentoring Josh Hart
- Updated: August 27, 2019
In a video that surfaced on Tuesday, Wade was seen training with New Orleans Pelicans youngster Josh Hart.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 28, 2019
Early on in the video, an off-camera voice asks to confirm if Wade has in fact retired from the NBA. Wade’s response runs in line with everything we know about the three-time champion.
“I’m like you, I can’t stay out of the gym,” Wade says with a smile.
The video goes on to show Wade offering some sagely offensive wisdom to the Pelicans guard.
For Hart, it’s certainly knowledge to soak up. Going into last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, Hart was thought to be one of the more exciting unknowns in the league. He got off to an incredibly promising start, reaching double-digit point totals in each of the Lakers’ first five games of the season.
That was perhaps his most impressive streak of the season, however, as he finished the campaign averaging just 7.8 points per game.
This season, he’ll be competing for playing time on one of the youngest and most exciting rosters in the NBA.
To get the playing time he certainly desires, Hart would do well to listen to everything Wade has to say.
As for Wade, it will be fascinating to see how he scratches his basketball itch once all of his NBA buddies have to go back to work.