- Report: Daryl Macon Has Emerged as ‘Strong Possibility’ for Miami Heat’s Final Roster Spot
- J.J. Redick Says He Would Love to Play With Jimmy Butler Again
- Hassan Whiteside Says Portland Trail Blazers ‘Best Team I’ve Ever Played on Talent-Wise’
- Report: Dwyane Wade Puts Miami Mansion Up for Sale
- Bam Adebayo Offers Take on Which Miami Heat Player Stood Out Most in Offseason Workouts
- Dwyane Wade Gives Glowing Review of Lakers’ Revamped Roster
- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, and Alonzo Mourning Ranked as Best Miami Heat Players Ever
- Report: Bam Adebayo Says Miami Heat Pushing Him to Be ‘More of a Leader’ This Season
- Chris Bosh Explains Why He’s ‘Comfortable’ With His Legacy on Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union Launch T-Shirt Company to Support LGBTQ Youth
Video: Dwyane Wade Seen Training With and Mentoring Josh Hart
- Updated: August 27, 2019
In a video that surfaced on Tuesday, Wade was seen training with New Orleans Pelicans youngster Josh Hart.
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 28, 2019
Early on in the video, an off-camera voice asks to confirm if Wade has in fact retired from the NBA. Wade’s response runs in line with everything we know about the three-time champion.
“I’m like you, I can’t stay out of the gym,” Wade says with a smile.
The video goes on to show Wade offering some sagely offensive wisdom to the Pelicans guard.
For Hart, it’s certainly knowledge to soak up. Going into last season with the Los Angeles Lakers, Hart was thought to be one of the more exciting unknowns in the league. He got off to an incredibly promising start, reaching double-digit point totals in each of the Lakers’ first five games of the season.
That was perhaps his most impressive streak of the season, however, as he finished the campaign averaging just 7.8 points per game.
This season, he’ll be competing for playing time on one of the youngest and most exciting rosters in the NBA.
To get the playing time he certainly desires, Hart would do well to listen to everything Wade has to say.
As for Wade, it will be fascinating to see how he scratches his basketball itch once all of his NBA buddies have to go back to work.