- Report: Dwyane Wade to Produce New Docuseries Featuring Zaire Wade
- Report: Miami Heat Announce Dwyane Wade’s 3 Day Retirement Ceremony Plans
- Miami Heat News: Justise Winslow, Jimmy Butler Set to Return Wednesday vs. Indiana Pacers
- Report: Miami Heat ‘Most Dangerous Team’ to Make Deal Going Forward
- Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving Laud Tyler Herro With Words of Praise
- Hassan Whiteside Dedicates Social Media Post to Former Miami Heat Teammates
- Miami Heat News: Derrick Jones Jr. to Participate in 2020 Slam Dunk Contest
- Report: Duncan Robinson Considered ‘Near Lock’ to Participate in 3-Point Contest
- Kendrick Nunn and Duncan Robinson React to Contracts With Miami Heat Becoming Fully Guaranteed
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Out Sunday vs. Portland Trail Blazers
Dwyane Wade Shows Collin Sexton Love for Attending His Invitational
- Updated: August 8, 2019
After Sexton posted a photo of himself on the court at The Invitational, Wade commented his appreciation for the second-year guard.
The knowledge and skills that Sexton learned the past week while playing against top-caliber talent should help him become a better all-around player. Heading into the 2019-20 regular season, he should have more tools to work with following the intensive training has received.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) August 5, 2019
The Cleveland Cavaliers guard has likely created lasting friendships with the players who attended The Invitational. Jaren Jackson Jr., Julius Randle and De’Aaron Fox were among the chosen few who participated along with Wade’s son, Zaire.
During Sexton’s rookie year, he averaged 16.7 points, 2.9 rebounds and 3.0 assists. He was having a subpar year until he exploded towards the latter half of the season. In his last 20 games, his field-goal percentage went up significantly from 40.6 to 49.5 percent, which upped his points per game average to 21.9.
After the work he has put in so far this summer, Sexton should be more than ready for the 82-game grind and he has the former Heat star to thank for it.