- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
Video: DeMar DeRozan Tries to Hit Goran Dragic in Face After Heat-Raptors Game
- Updated: January 9, 2018
The Miami Heat came away with their fifth straight victory on Tuesday night, as they defeated the Toronto Raptors by a score of 90-89.
The game was intense, to say the least, due to the several altercations and back and forth between the two teams. First, Heat forward James Johnson was ejected in the third quarter for trading punches with Raptors center Serge Ibaka.
Then, as time was winding down and DeMar DeRozan threw a full-court heave to try and answer Wayne Ellington’s game-winner, the Compton native took exception to point guard Goran Dragic defending him on the heave.
Dragic, who finished the game with 24 points, 12 rebounds, and four assists, did not back down from DeRozan as the two got into a scuffle as the horn sounded. DeRozan even went as far as to take a swipe at Dragic’s face.
Scuffle #2 in Raptors-Heat: Dragić and DeRozan exchange words after the game ? pic.twitter.com/LGzLW3WA9W
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) January 10, 2018
Raptors-Heat matchups have always been intense over the years as even the regular-season matchups always bring with them a playoff-type atmosphere. Regardless of the several heated exchanges on Tuesday night, the Heat should be thrilled that they are now on a five-game winning streak and almost in fourth place in the Eastern Conference.