- Stephen A. Smith and Spike Lee issue strong criticism regarding Dwyane Wade’s ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Duncan Robinson’s humble reaction after passing Dwyane Wade in Miami Heat record books
- Report: Rockets player gets jumped at strip club, takes bottle to face in Miami day before taking on Heat
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Report: Miami Heat have been ‘concerned now for months’ about Tyler Herro’s celebrity status
- Report: Miami Heat to be without Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro vs. Houston Rockets
- Dwyane Wade says Zaire has activated ‘Wade hops’ after he jumps over grown man for impressive dunk
- Bam Adebayo issues strong message to ‘switch that narrative’ of Jimmy Butler calling out Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat big man remembers Dwyane Wade displaying Michael ‘Jordan-esque’ tendencies early in career
- Report: Miami Heat expect Victor Oladipo to return from knee injury this season
Kid Calls Out LeBron for not Participating in Dunk Contest!
- Updated: February 22, 2012
As you may have heard before, there is no way LeBron James is going to participate in the dunk contest, ever. There are several reasons for this according to LBJ.
Reason No. 1: LeBron isn’t creative enough. Throughout his career, LeBron has been known to be more of an in-game dunker than a dunk-contest dunker. Don’t believe me? Well, LBJ was in a dunk contest before in high school and the only reason he won was because he was the hometown favorite. Other than that his dunks were more-or-less, mediocre.
Reason No. 2: LeBron has nothing to gain and everything to lose. James even said it himself, “Why don’t you take a poll and see if you think I have more to lose than gain?”
Reason No. 3: It would ruin his Saturday night. James said, ““If I decided to do it then I would have to win. Otherwise it would be a waste of my Saturday night.”
No matter if you expect LeBron James to lose, if you root for or against him, if you hate him or love him, one thing certainly holds true, EVERYBODY and their mothers would probably love to see LeBron James in a dunk contest one day.