- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Video: Joel Embiid Receives Chorus of Boos After Being Introduced in Philadelphia
- Updated: February 11, 2020
During the introduction of the Philadelphia 76ers’ starting lineup prior to their game against the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday, Joel Embiid was booed by his hometown fans.
Sixers fans booed Embiid during his intro ? pic.twitter.com/6c1ULOb9hT
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) February 12, 2020
This seemed to be in response to some recent comments Embiid made, both to the media and on social media, that hinted he may be unhappy in Philly.
— ESPN (@espn) February 11, 2020
There have been whispers for months that the Sixers may be better off if they were to trade Embiid and build around Ben Simmons.
When Embiid missed nine games with a dislocated finger, Philly went 6-3 and seemed to function better on the offensive end.
It’s no secret that the Heat have been in the market for a second star since acquiring Butler last July. If Embiid were to become available this offseason, one should expect Pat Riley to pounce on the opportunity.