- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Updated: September 30, 2020
The Miami Heat were dominated by the Los Angeles Lakers in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, but the Heat’s problems don’t end there.
Losing one of their top scorers at this point in the playoffs is absolutely devastating for Miami.
However, star Jimmy Butler had a confident response at the outlook for the rest of the series.
— Will Manso (@WillManso) October 1, 2020
“Being ready to go, with or without Goran, we’re still expecting to win,” Butler said. “We still know that we can. Like I said earlier, we want that guy out there with us. He’s a big part of what we’re trying to do, but until we can have him back we’ve got to go out there and fight even harder.
“We’ve got to try to cover up what he gives us and make up for it, but capable of it. We have to be capable of it. Looking forward, with or without Goran, we better hurry up and tie it up 1-1.”
The Heat clearly are facing an uphill climb in the series.
Butler was solid on Wednesday night, as he finished the game with 23 points on 8-of-13 shooting.