- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Dwyane Wade emphatically speaks out against transgender laws amid touching speech from Brandon Boulware
- Updated: March 15, 2021
Recently, the state of Mississippi passed a law barring transgender athletes from taking part in girls or women’s sports teams.
Similarly, lawmakers in Missouri are attempting to pass a bill that would ban transgender athletes in high school from participating in girls’ sports.
View this post on Instagram
The issue of people rejecting the gender they were assigned at birth and switching to another gender has become a hot-button political issue in recent years.
In particular, conservatives seem enraged about the concept of a transgender person participating in a sport as a member of his or her new gender.
Wade is the father of a transgender daughter named Zaya. When it was revealed that the younger Wade is now a girl, the South Florida community was largely very supportive of her and her parents.
The elder Wade has become a strong ally of the LGBTQ community. He and his wife Gabrielle Union have pledged their support to the community in several ways, including by ensuring that LGBTQ individuals will receive quality health care during the novel coronavirus pandemic.