- Miami Heat release devastating injury update for Game 2 of NBA Finals
- Former NBA big man pleads for Miami Heat to sign him so he can guard Anthony Davis
- Jimmy Butler offers supremely confident message with potential loss of Goran Dragic for series
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
Miami Heat News: Tyler Herro (Ankle) Returns to Full Heat Practice
- Updated: March 10, 2020
As it turns out, that return was quite soon indeed. The University of Kentucky product returned to practice on Tuesday.
NJURY UPDATE: Tyler Herro (ankle) returned to full practice today.
“We will see how treatment goes today and tonight, and we will see how he feels tomorrow. We are taking this as a good sign.” – Spo
So far this season, Herro is averaging 13.1 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game.
He has served as a major contributor coming off the bench for Miami and is a big reason why the Heat are considered to be one of the NBA’s surprise contenders this season.
Herro hasn’t played since Feb. 3 due to an ankle injury. While his return to practice is a fantastic sign, it’s not a clear indication of when he will actually suit up for a game.
His next opportunity to play will come in Wednesday’s matchup against the Charlotte Hornets. The Heat have won five of their last six games and will surely look to keep that positive trend going.
Herro being back on the court would undoubtedly improve their chances of getting the win.
As Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra indicated, he and his staff will keep track of how Herro reacts to being back on the floor.
If he isn’t ready to go for Wednesday’s game, Herro’s next opportunity to play will come in a Friday night matchup versus the New York Knicks.