- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler offers crucial update on ankle injury suffered in Game 1
- Report: Goran Dragic diagnosed with torn plantar fascia but could return in NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release X-ray results on Bam Adebayo following Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic likely out for rest of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release troubling injury update on Goran Dragic
- Video: Jimmy Butler suffers brutal ankle injury in Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade make huge bet ahead of Heat-Lakers finals
- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
- Updated: August 12, 2020
The Miami Heat will take on the Indiana Pacers in the first round of the 2020 Eastern Conference playoffs.
Our 1st round playoff matchup is set. pic.twitter.com/4FSwSe5Cbj
The Heat and Pacers have faced each other three times during the season, with the Heat winning all three matchups.
Both teams will battle once more on Friday before the conclusion of the 2019-20 regular season.
The Heat crushed the Pacers on Monday by a score 114-92. All-Star Jimmy Butler led the Heat with 19 points, 11 rebounds and five assists. Swingman Jae Crowder collected 14 points, eight rebounds and four assists in the dominant victory.
While Pacers forward T.J. Warren has been the breakout star of the NBA bubble in Orlando, Fla., he was limited by the Heat to just 12 points and five rebounds during Monday’s contest.
Although Warren and Butler have notable beef with each other, they didn’t get into it on Monday. Perhaps that will change when the stakes are higher in the postseason.
The Heat are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.