- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
Miami Heat News: Heat Reveal Justise Winslow’s MRI Results
- Updated: December 15, 2017
As is the case with all knee injuries, there was concern that Winslow had suffered a serious setback, but after undergoing tests it appears the injury won’t keep the talented youngster out for long.
Heat forward Justise Winslow's MRI returned clean on his injured left knee Thursday and hope is he can return within a week, league sources say.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) December 15, 2017
The Sun Sentinel‘s Ira Winderman added context to Charania’s report, saying Winslow is likely to miss four games while he rehabs the minor injury.
Such an absence would mean four more games without Winslow. (Tonight at Charlotte, Saturday vs. Clippers, Monday in Atlanta, Wednesday in Boston.) https://t.co/OU0EU4XF07
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 15, 2017
So far this season Winslow is averaging 6.6 points and 5.4 rebounds per game. While those numbers don’t jump off the page, he is certainly gaining confidence as the season progresses. Just four days before he suffered the injury, Winslow put up one of his most impressive offensive performances of the season when he dropped 15 points on the Brooklyn Nets on 5-of-6 shooting from the field and a perfect 4-of-4 from beyond the arc.
It’s great news that Winslow won’t be out for long. He will surely look to build off his recent strong performance and continue to grow upon his imminent return.