- Report: James Johnson Returns to Miami Heat Practice, Dion Waiters Absent
- Dwyane Wade Celebrates Zaire Wade and LeBron James Jr. Teaming Up via Social Media
- How NBA’s Drama With China Could Impact Miami Heat’s Free Agency Goals
- Bam Adebayo and Udonis Haslem Explain How Defensive Mindset Has Changed With Hassan Whiteside’s Departure
- Dion Waiters Says He Hasn’t Started Because Erik Spoelstra Wants Him in Better Shape
- Report: Jimmy Butler Talks to Alonzo Mourning Every Day About Miami Heat Culture
- Kevin Love Suggests Jimmy Butler Working Out at 3:30 A.M. Was All for Show
- Jimmy Butler Explains When Tyler Herro Is Going to ‘Start to Shine’ in NBA
- Jimmy Butler Can’t Stop Smiling While Talking About Tyler Herro: Miami’s Going to Fall in Love With Him
- Tyler Herro Proceeds to Hit Nasty Step-Back 3-Pointer for 1st Miami Heat Bucket
Report: James Johnson Returns to Miami Heat Practice, Dion Waiters Absent
- Updated: October 11, 2019
Johnson, who is entering his 11th season in the NBA, did not meet the team’s conditioning requirements at the start of training camp.
When asked about what it was like to be turned away from training camp, Johnson kept his answer brief.
Johnson, who will be playing his fourth season for the Heat, expanded on missing time with the team.
“I don’t know how frustrated I was or was not,” he said of his time away. “I stayed even-keeled through it all. The ups and downs of this game is something that I enjoy, something that I embrace. All you can do is grind and smile.”
Waiters, who had 19 points and four assists in Wednesday’s preseason win against Charlotte, is considered day-to-day.