- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Report: Miami Heat Update Hassan Whiteside’s Availability for Tonight’s Game vs. Cavs
- Updated: December 28, 2018
After it was initially reported that the hip would keep him out of Friday night’s game versus the Cleveland Cavaliers, it is now being reported that Whiteside is indeed available for Friday’s contest.
The Heat have won seven of their last 10 games and were enjoying a five-game winning streak before their last-second loss to Houston. Whiteside was a big part of that winning streak, averaging 11.4 points and 11.0 rebounds per game during that time.
He had another big game against the Rockets, finishing with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks in the game, despite missing much of the third quarter due to the hip pointer.
While it seems unlikely that the Heat will need Whiteside to win against the lowly Cavs, it would be nice to see him continue his string of productive outings.