- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Report: Miami Heat Update Hassan Whiteside’s Availability for Tonight’s Game vs. Cavs
- Updated: December 28, 2018
After it was initially reported that the hip would keep him out of Friday night’s game versus the Cleveland Cavaliers, it is now being reported that Whiteside is indeed available for Friday’s contest.
The Heat have won seven of their last 10 games and were enjoying a five-game winning streak before their last-second loss to Houston. Whiteside was a big part of that winning streak, averaging 11.4 points and 11.0 rebounds per game during that time.
He had another big game against the Rockets, finishing with 16 points, 12 rebounds, and three blocks in the game, despite missing much of the third quarter due to the hip pointer.
While it seems unlikely that the Heat will need Whiteside to win against the lowly Cavs, it would be nice to see him continue his string of productive outings.