- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Miami Heat News: Beno Udrih Has Standing Offer to Return to Heat
- Updated: August 2, 2016
According to Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel, the 34-year could be signed for the veteran’s minimum:
“A few things. First, the Heat might not necessarily stop at 18, with Beno Udrih essentially with a standing invitation at the veteran minimum if he cannot find more elsewhere.”
The Heat roster currently has a bevy of guards. Signing Udrih may not make much sense if the Heat are looking for him to transform the team on the court. However, the 13-year veteran could bring a lot of intangibles to the table.
Udrih has a great relationship with fellow Slovenian Goran Dragic, who lost two of his closest teammates (Luol Deng and Dwyane Wade) in free agency this offseason. In addition, the journeyman has plenty of experience and could serve as mentor to the Heat’s younger guards. Youngsters Justise Winslow, Josh Richardson and Tyler Johnson already have chemistry with Udrih and have garnered respect for him after the sacrifice he made for the team last season.