- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
Miami Heat News: University of Michigan Could Target Juwan Howard as Next Head Coach
- Updated: May 13, 2019
Michigan suddenly has a coaching spot to fill after John Beilein surprisingly left the Wolverines to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. And the school just might have eyes on Howard.
— Kyle Rowland (@KyleRowland) May 13, 2019
Howard has never coached college basketball or been a head coach at any level. However, he’s spent six years as an assistant coach for the Heat and has earned a stellar reputation along the way.
If Michigan were to call, it wouldn’t be the first team to show interest. Just a few weeks ago, Howard interviewed for the then-vacant head coach position with the Los Angeles Lakers.
It’s clear that Howard will be given an opportunity to be a head coach sooner or later. It’s just a matter of where that opportunity will come from.
The 19-year NBA veteran spent his final three seasons with the Heat. He averaged 2.2 points and 1.9 rebounds per game with Miami, and won two NBA titles.
Howard played three years at Michigan. He averaged 15.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game for the Wolverines.