- Dion Waiters Posts Incredible Fitness Update, Sends Message to His Haters
- Report: Miami Heat Want Both of Their 1st-Round Picks Back in Any Chris Paul Deal
- Jimmy Butler Rated 16th Best Player as NBA 2K20 Ratings Get Released
- Miami Heat News: Kendrick Nunn Named to 2019 Summer League First Team
- Dwyane Wade Agrees With Compelling Reason Why Lakers Should Bring Back Blue Throwback Jerseys
- Report: It’s ‘Very Likely’ That Duncan Robinson Will Make Miami Heat’s Roster
- Report: Bradley Beal Not Likely to Remain on ‘Washington Wizards’
- Former Miami Heat Broadcaster Takes Several Shots at Dan Dakich for His Awful Take on Erik Spoelstra
- Erik Spoelstra Gets Disrespected Live on Air During NBA Summer League Broadcast
- Report: OKC Thunder Have Offered ‘Nothing Enticing’ to Interest Miami Heat in Chris Paul Talks
Miami Heat News: University of Michigan Could Target Juwan Howard as Next Head Coach
- Updated: May 13, 2019
Michigan suddenly has a coaching spot to fill after John Beilein surprisingly left the Wolverines to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. And the school just might have eyes on Howard.
— Kyle Rowland (@KyleRowland) May 13, 2019
Howard has never coached college basketball or been a head coach at any level. However, he’s spent six years as an assistant coach for the Heat and has earned a stellar reputation along the way.
If Michigan were to call, it wouldn’t be the first team to show interest. Just a few weeks ago, Howard interviewed for the then-vacant head coach position with the Los Angeles Lakers.
It’s clear that Howard will be given an opportunity to be a head coach sooner or later. It’s just a matter of where that opportunity will come from.
The 19-year NBA veteran spent his final three seasons with the Heat. He averaged 2.2 points and 1.9 rebounds per game with Miami, and won two NBA titles.
Howard played three years at Michigan. He averaged 15.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game for the Wolverines.