- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Miami Heat News: University of Michigan Could Target Juwan Howard as Next Head Coach
- Updated: May 13, 2019
Michigan suddenly has a coaching spot to fill after John Beilein surprisingly left the Wolverines to join the Cleveland Cavaliers. And the school just might have eyes on Howard.
— Kyle Rowland (@KyleRowland) May 13, 2019
Howard has never coached college basketball or been a head coach at any level. However, he’s spent six years as an assistant coach for the Heat and has earned a stellar reputation along the way.
If Michigan were to call, it wouldn’t be the first team to show interest. Just a few weeks ago, Howard interviewed for the then-vacant head coach position with the Los Angeles Lakers.
It’s clear that Howard will be given an opportunity to be a head coach sooner or later. It’s just a matter of where that opportunity will come from.
The 19-year NBA veteran spent his final three seasons with the Heat. He averaged 2.2 points and 1.9 rebounds per game with Miami, and won two NBA titles.
Howard played three years at Michigan. He averaged 15.3 points and 7.5 rebounds per game for the Wolverines.