- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Report: Miami Heat to Offer Chris Silva 3-Year Deal
- Updated: January 13, 2020
That contract will replace the two-way deal Silva signed back in October of last year.
Per team source, Heat planning to switch Chris Silva's two-way contract into a 3-year standard deal on Tuesday. That would give Silva Bird rights after contracts ends and allow Miami to sign a new 2-way player by Wednesday's deadline to sign 2-way players.
— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) January 13, 2020
The Heat had originally signed the 23-year-old Silva as a free agent in July, but the team’s decision to extend him had been expected in recent weeks.
Signing him now clears up his contract situation beyond this year and allows the Heat to pursue additional talent for the team’s roster.
Silva is only averaging 8.3 minutes of action per game this season, contributing 3.5 points and 3.1 rebounds per contest.
Despite that limited production, the Heat clearly see potential in the University of South Carolina alum.
Silva and the Heat host the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, hoping to end the team’s current two-game losing streak.