- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
Miami Heat News: Shabazz Napier and Hassan Whiteside Recalled From D-League
- Updated: December 15, 2014
The Miami Heat announced early Monday that they have recalled both Napier and Whiteside from their D-League affiliate. Both players were sent to Sioux Falls on December 13, just a day before the Heat were set to play the Chicago Bulls on Sunday night. Napier and Whiteside made one appearance for the Skyforce, leading the team to a 124-105 victory over the Iowa Energy on Saturday.
Napier scored 22 points, notched three assists, two rebounds and a steal in the victory. Whiteside recorded 21 points, 12 rebounds and blocked four shots in his lone appearance for the D-League affiliate.
Both players will be available for Tuesday night’s game in Brooklyn when the Heat take on the Nets. In a November 17th 95-83 victory over the Nets, Napier scored 11 points on 4-of-8 shooting with three assists and three rebounds in 18 minutes of action.
Whiteside was signed by the Heat on November 24 and appeared in three games with the team before being sent to Sioux Falls. With Josh McRoberts sidelined indefinitely due to knee surgery, Justin Hamilton questionable (quad contusion) and Chris Bosh ruled out for Tuesday night’s contest versus the Nets, Whiteside will likely see a good chunk of playing time over the next couple of games.