- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Miami Heat News: Shabazz Napier and Hassan Whiteside Assigned to D-League Affiliate
- Updated: December 13, 2014
The Heat announced early Saturday that Napier and Whiteside have been assigned to the Sioux Falls Skyforce, a D-League affiliate of the organization.
With Chris Andersen set to return in the next few days, the Heat are already loaded on the front line as is, with Chris Bosh, Shawne Williams, Udonis Haslem, Justin Hamilton, Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts. Whiteside had filled in and played a few minutes in three appearances due to the absences of Andersen and McRoberts. The center totaled six points, four rebounds and one block in nine minutes of action since being signed to the active roster on November 24.
Move with Whiteside indicates Chris Andersen likely on the verge of returning from his sprained ankle.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) December 13, 2014
Napier has been a key part of Miami’s rotation, averaging 5.7 points, 2.2 rebounds and two assists in 21.4 minutes of action per contest. The rookie point guard had served as the primary backup to starter Norris Cole at the one position.
Although both players will be sent to the D-League, they will still count toward the team’s 15-player maximum limit. These moves are designed to give both players more playing time and experience than they would otherwise.
The Heat are set to take on the Chicago Bulls in their next game at the American Airlines Arena at 6:00 PM EST on Sunday night on Sun Sports.