- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Not Available for Game 7 vs. Raptors
- Updated: May 14, 2016
Whiteside broke the news to the media following the Heat’s win over the Toronto Raptors Friday night:
Hassan Whiteside will be on the plane to Toronto on Saturday, but says he's not going to be on the court in Toronto on Sunday.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) May 14, 2016
While it would have been encouraging to see the league’s top shot blocker return for Game 7, the Heat will not use any excuses as they will do whatever it takes. Friday night featured rookie Justise Winslow starting and the trend could continue Sunday.
Whiteside won’t be the only center out Sunday. Raptors starting center Jonas Valanciunas, who’s been nursing a sprained right ankle, is also not near a return. Both big men left during Game 3 and haven’t played since.
Dwane Casey says Jonas Valanciunas "is nowhere close to being ready" after that ankle sprain and won't be there for Game 7.
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) May 14, 2016