- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Dealing With Unexpected Injury
- Updated: December 8, 2017
Dion Waiters has been one of the Miami Heat‘s most prolific scorers throughout the season. While he has struggled with injuries throughout his career, his 2017-18 campaign has been fairly injury-free. That almost changed in Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs, however, when Waiters reportedly injured his elbow while setting a screen in the loss.
According to reports, Waiters has been wearing a brace on his right elbow since the game, but says that he will not miss any time due to the injury.
Dion Waiters hurt right elbow in San Antonio setting screen. Wearing a brace. Says nothing to keep him out
— Tom D'Angelo (@tomdangelo44) December 8, 2017
It’s certainly promising that Waiters is not expected to miss any time. So far this season, the shooting guard is averaging 15.4 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.5 rebounds per game. The Heat are in need of that kind of production as they look to get themselves out of a slump in which they’ve dropped four of their last five contests.
Dion Waiters dealing with right elbow soreness but expected to play Saturday vs Nets
— Shandel Richardson (@ShandelRich) December 8, 2017
The Heat have suffered losses to some of the best teams in the league during their slump, but have a great opportunity to get their season back on track against the beatable Brooklyn Nets this Saturday.
Waiters’ performance in Saturday’s matchup will be something to keep an eye on. While the sore elbow doesn’t seem serious, his performance against the Nets will shine light on whether or not this could become a cause for greater concern.