- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Miami Heat News: Dion Waiters Dealing With Unexpected Injury
- Updated: December 8, 2017
Dion Waiters has been one of the Miami Heat‘s most prolific scorers throughout the season. While he has struggled with injuries throughout his career, his 2017-18 campaign has been fairly injury-free. That almost changed in Wednesday’s game against the San Antonio Spurs, however, when Waiters reportedly injured his elbow while setting a screen in the loss.
According to reports, Waiters has been wearing a brace on his right elbow since the game, but says that he will not miss any time due to the injury.
Dion Waiters hurt right elbow in San Antonio setting screen. Wearing a brace. Says nothing to keep him out
— Tom D'Angelo (@tomdangelo44) December 8, 2017
It’s certainly promising that Waiters is not expected to miss any time. So far this season, the shooting guard is averaging 15.4 points, 3.8 assists, and 2.5 rebounds per game. The Heat are in need of that kind of production as they look to get themselves out of a slump in which they’ve dropped four of their last five contests.
Dion Waiters dealing with right elbow soreness but expected to play Saturday vs Nets
— Shandel Richardson (@ShandelRich) December 8, 2017
The Heat have suffered losses to some of the best teams in the league during their slump, but have a great opportunity to get their season back on track against the beatable Brooklyn Nets this Saturday.
Waiters’ performance in Saturday’s matchup will be something to keep an eye on. While the sore elbow doesn’t seem serious, his performance against the Nets will shine light on whether or not this could become a cause for greater concern.